Monday, June 23, 2008

"Indian Summer Gateway"

Sold
I painted this painting for a woman that said she had an orange sofa and couldn't find an orange painting for over the sofa. I tried to educate her to get her off of the "doesn't match the couch syndrome" but she wouldn't budge. So I went home and painted an orange painting , but I never did see her again to show it to her. I did however put it in some outdoor shows raising the price after each show as I do because obviously it must be too cheap and people must be thinking something is wrong with it...and thats why it hasn't been bought yet. Anyway I put it on an easel in my studio and one evening as I was leaving the studio to go home I was at the door and turned back to check the room to see if I had turned everything off. I had left the Ott light on over this painting and it was glowing as if it was the day I was compelled to take the photograph of the beautiful scene. I was absolutely awestruck by the painting and decided right then nobody could pay me enough to buy this painting. So I bought the original from myself and I got a gicl'ee' made to sell. The original now hangs prominently over my fireplace where it has since that night. I so enjoy the painting and so does everyone that comes to visit. Everyone wants to buy it now

No comments: