Thursday, June 26, 2008

"Common Hearts Golden Threads"

This painting was inspired by another chapter in the book "Women Who Run With the Wolves, by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. Chapter 4 is "The Dual Nature of Women"
We must learn balance in order to thrive.
The things in my life appear to to pretty balanced. The bow on the violin forms an intersection(cross) with the violin. The music of my life touches all aspects and is a centering force in my life. I chose the violin because of it's beauty and resemblance to the female form. Violins always make me cry and touch my soul.
The sleeping self represents personal time and are shades of violet which denote ethereal and magical things in my life.
The woman that is painting is my creative life. The easel is pointing to the center of the composition. The palette has only the three primary colors (plus white) essential to make any other color. Food and drink are in the basket at my feet to sustain me.
The mother and child are my relatives and are represent my family, they posed for me as Madonna and child for a painting and have been a driving force in my life. They also cause pain and so they appear lost and found in the composition.

No comments: