Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Carbohydrate Conundrum"


A chapter in the Women who Run With the Wolves Book deals with "Identifying Leg Traps, Cages and Poisoned Bait". The chapter helped me to Look at some things in my life. The question asked is What do your Red Shoes look like?
Having a slight shoe fetish at the time (75 pairs) I thought about being literal about what do my red shoes look like? But in delving deeper I saw the deeper meaning of the addictive nature of the Red Shoes. After all 75 shoes is a mild addiction next to some people I've heard of. (O.K. maybe I'm in denial... but they won't kill you although sometimes you feel like the pain will kill you.)
My red shoes are: eating things that are not good for me. Carbohydrates are my poisoned bait. I love them, I crave them. And yet they are hurting my body (I'm breaking out in fat all over) it's always my first choice and my choices are taking my body down the drain I am being sucked into the vortex of the carbohydrate conundrum.

No comments: